(Pictured from Left to Right, Brew Master, Josh Brewer & Head Brewer, Matthew Hart)
2013 has been a great year for all of us here at Mother Earth Brewing, and things got even better on July 4th when we heard the results of the 2013 US Open Beer Championship. The highly respected U.S. Open Beer Championship in Atlanta, Ga. is an annual competition that judges more than 2,500 beers, representing 68 different categories.
With the ginormous explosion of excellent craft beers these days, it's not easy picking the country's best beers or breweries. We at Mother Earth would be excited beyond belief to earn just one medal, let alone win 4 medals and an overall eighth place finish in the 2013 competition!
A gold medal was awarded for our Window Pane Series Fig and Raisin, a Silver medal for Silent Night, a Silver medal for Dark Cloud, and a bronze medal for Sunny Haze!
Gold, silver, and bronze medals are awarded for each category. The top 10 breweries are determined by combining the points earned by a company’s beers in each category that it finished in the top three. We’re proud to say that we were ranked number eight on the Top 10 breweries list for 2013!
Top 10 winners ranked:
1. Capital Brewery - Middleton, Wisconsin
2. Sweetwater Brewing - Atlanta, Georgia
3. Stevens Point Brewing - Stevens Point, Wisconsin
4. Neustadt Springs Brewing - Neustadt, Ontario
5. Big Island Brewhaus - Waimea, Hawaii
6. Reuben's Brews - Seattle, Washington
7. Nebraska Brewing - Papillion, Nebraska
8. Mother Earth Brewing - Kinston, North Carolina
9. Fullsteam Brewing - Durham, North Carolina
10. Oskar Blues Brewery - Longmont, Colorado
For more information on the US open, please visit their website at:
Summer is such a great time of year and with all the outdoor enthusiasts we have here at the brewery, we are all proud to say summer is our favorite time of year. That brings us to conclusion in saying The US Open was yet another reason to celebrate summer on July 4th!!!
Peace, Love & Beer......Trent ;)