Brand Ambassador (NC Triangle) – Mother Earth Brewing
At Mother Earth Brewing, we’re looking for dynamic, driven, hardworking individuals to join our team. We’re currently seeking a Brand Ambassador in the Triangle region of North Carolina (Raleigh/Durham/Cary/Chapel Hill), an account-level sales person focused on growing Mother Earth Brewing’s business within the specified region. The Brand Ambassador job is special at Mother Earth because how the job gets done is every bit as important as the results achieved in the marketplace. We’re looking for people who are excited about not just showing folks new beers, but who are excited about building relationships with both the people they work with and the community they live in. The Brand Ambassador acts as the face of Mother Earth Brewing in the market, responsible for being an ambassador of good beer, good cheer, environmental stewardship and champion of quality assurance. Like all members of the Mother Earth Brewing team, the Brand Ambassador is required to have fun and embody the spirit of Mother Earth while being a Brand Ambassador. The primary area of focus will be the Triangle area of North Carolina (Raleigh/Durham/Cary/Chapel Hill), with possible future expansion of territory. The successful candidate will be based within the territory.
Desired Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
- 4 year college degree in a relevant discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- Strong knowledge of the craft brewing industry
- High motivation
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to self start and work alone
- Strong knowledge of the company, its history and its product offerings
- Strong oral, analytical, written and group presentation communication skills and the ability to learn and master the selling skills process
- Basic computer competence in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Administrative--ability to complete company’s minimal administration requirements on time regularly such as expense reports, monthly recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, daily e-mail responses, weekly call reporting, etc.
- Previous beverage industry experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Must possess the ability to remain sober and professional in an environment where the taps may be open and flowing.
Must have a squeaky clean driving record. Motor Vehicle Record checks will be conducted on candidates.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Be able to achieve specified account goals as provided by Mother Earth Brewing manager
- Be able to achieve and/or maintain Mother Earth Brewing market standards in entire account universe in order to make Mother Earth Brewing the craft beer market leader
- Spread the Love--develop “preferred supplier status” with all key accounts by handling all reasonable and cost effective brand support needs in account universe and also keeping accounts informed about new happenings at Mother Earth Brewing
- Be thoroughly acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in account universe
- Weekly perform distributor work withs, promos/staff training, new bottle placements, new draft placements and merchandize accounts. Visit approximately 10 accounts a day. Strong desire to be in the market late night
- Develop “preferred supplier status” at distributor by being recognized as one of the distributor’s best supplier reps based on contribution to the growth and prosperity of Mother Earth Brewing and distributor’s businesses
- Develop relationships with key people at the distributor
- Develop understanding for how the following get done: pos orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, scheduling ride withs, basic policies for handling distributor bill backs, receiving monthly sales reports, scheduling time at weekly/monthly sales meetings and how sales reps and supervisors are compensated
- Gain knowledge of Mother Earth Brewing product pricing plus general pricing of top craft and import beer competitors in market
- Develop market profile target lists, etc
To apply, send an email with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No initial calls please.