Trading Post Associate
The primary purpose of this position is to build all sales upon the local patronage established, as well as contribute to a higher volume of first time guests, improve overall merchandising sales, continue to increase the growing sales trends in the Trading Post as a whole, provide tours throughout the facility (including holding discussions about Mother Earth spirits to create sales for our distiller), and be an outstanding example of the Mother Earth brand from the home base of Kinston, North Carolina.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean and inviting environment in the Trading Post to encourage merchandise sales to guests.
- Maintain adequate inventory stock levels in the Trading Post for merchandise and cooler.
- Maintain an accurate record of inventory, including conducting monthly inventory counts of all merchandise.
- Work with the Trading Post Manager and Director of Sales to organize and execute sales.
- Maintain a professional, positive and upbeat demeanor while speaking with customers about all that Mother Earth has to offer.
- Provide tours throughout the day on top of every hour.
- Responsibly pour samples of Mother Earth spirits during tours.
- Maintain an appropriate level of Mother Earth Brewing knowledge.
- Work with currency in a responsible and accountable manner.
- Ensure timely responses to customers when answering the telephone.
- Work well with other employees to ensure the best guest experience.
- High school diploma/equivalent or higher
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Strong public speaking skills; comfortable speaking to large groups
- Effective time management and multitasking skills
- Flexible work availability (available to work afternoons and evenings into the night as scheduled)
- Strong independence and critical thinking work skills
- Comfortable working in a team environment and coordinating with multiple departments
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, comfortable opening and closing a business by oneself
- Ability to lift or move up to 160 lbs.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for sustained periods of time
- Ability to bend at the knees and waist, kneel, crouch, reach in all directions (including overhead)
- Ability to maintain balance
- Ability to effectively project voice to an audience of up to 30 people without assistance
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.