Sales Representative (Coastal NC) – Mother Earth Brands
At Mother Earth Brands, we’re looking for dynamic, driven, hardworking individuals to join our outside sales team. We’re seeking an account-level sales person focused on growing Mother Earth Brands’ business in Coastal North Carolina. Strong candidates are excited about sharing all of the award-winning beverages in the Mother Earth portfolio, building relationships with both the people they work with and the community they live in. The Sales Representative acts as the face of Mother Earth in the market, responsible for being an ambassador of good liquid, good cheer, environmental stewardship and champion of quality assurance. Like all members of the Mother Earth team, the Sales Representative is required to have fun and embody the spirit of Mother Earth while being an ambassador in the market. The primary area of focus will be the eastern portion of North Carolina (Covering the area east of I-95 in NC). The successful candidate will be based within the territory (Wilmington is preferred).
Desired Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
- 4 year college degree in a relevant discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- Strong knowledge of the craft brewing and craft spirits industry
- High motivation
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to self-start and work alone
- Strong knowledge of the company, its history and its product offerings
- Strong oral, analytical, written and group presentation communication skills and the ability to learn and master the selling skills process
- Basic computer competence in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Administrative--ability to complete company’s administration requirements on time regularly such as expense reports, weekly recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, daily e-mail responses, weekly call reporting, etc.
- Previous beverage industry experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Must possess the ability to remain sober and professional in an environment where the taps may be open and flowing.
Must have a squeaky clean driving record. Motor Vehicle Record checks will be conducted on candidates.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Be able to achieve specified account goals as provided by your direct supervisor
- Be able to achieve and/or maintain Mother Earth market standards in entire account universe in order to grow Mother Earth brands across all of the product segments and channels in which the company participates
- Spread the Love--develop “preferred supplier status” with all key accounts by handling all reasonable and cost effective brand support needs in account universe and also keeping accounts informed about new happenings at Mother Earth
- Be thoroughly acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in account universe
- Weekly perform distributor work withs, promos/staff training, new placements, new draft placements and merchandize accounts. Visit approximately 10-12 accounts a day. Willingness to be available for work-related events outside of normal business hours.
- Develop “preferred supplier status” with wholesale partners by being recognized as one of the wholesaler’s best supplier reps based on contribution to the growth and prosperity of Mother Earth and wholesaler’s businesses
- Develop relationships with key people at the wholesaler
- Develop understanding for how the following get done: pos orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, scheduling ride withs, basic policies for handling wholesaler bill backs, receiving monthly sales reports, scheduling time at weekly/monthly sales meetings and how sales reps and supervisors are compensated
- Gain knowledge of Mother Earth product pricing plus general pricing of top craft and import beer/spirits/seltzer competitors in market
- Know product lineup of top five local beer companies in market and how Mother Earth products compare
- Develop market profile target lists, etc
To apply, send an email with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No initial calls please.
Mother Earth Brewing, LLC values diversity in the workplace, which includes respecting differences in culture, ethnicity, gender, and age, and treating all employees fairly. We are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including recruiting, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state and local laws. Mother Earth Brewing, LLC will ensure that decisions regarding hiring, promotion, training, transfers, compensation, benefits, and social events are compliant with equal employment opportunity principles and based only on valid criteria.