Reports To: Executive Vice President
Scope: Mother Earth Brewing; Packaging Department
Hours: Must have the flexibility to work both day (8:00 am – 5:00 pm) and night (3:00 pm – 11:00 pm) shifts
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Packaging Lead Operator carry out day to day operations as well as various additional duties as directed by the Executive Vice President. A skilled Packaging Associate will work with attention to detail and mind on task in a fast paced, high temp production environment. A Packaging Associate in a craft brewery must be willing to learn, as well as train in a wide array of skill sets and job functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment in the Packaging Department
- Assist in setting up bottling line and canning line
- Clean and maintain bottling and canning line machinery and associated equipment
- Operate and troubleshoot the Cask canning line
- Stay up to date on equipment preventative maintenance
- Document all movement within the cooler and report to Packaging Manager
- Assist in the loading and unloading of trucks/shipments
- Assist in local deliveries using the company van
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma/equivalent or higher
- Ability to work with/and around mechanical/electrical/pneumatic equipment safely and efficiently
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Keen sense of safety and quality assurance
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Time management and multitasking skills
- Willingness and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals
- Comfortable working in a team environment and coordinating with multiple departments
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of brewery/unit of measurement conversion tables
- Must have the flexibility to work both day and night shifts.
- Brewery and warehouse settings (most being climate controlled)
- Wet/humid production environment
- Working with stringent cleaning chemicals and hot liquids
- Uneven floor surfaces
- Lift up to 55 lbs. Move up to 165 lbs.
- Stand and/or walk for sustained periods of time
- Bend at the knees and waist, kneel, crouch, reach in all directions (including overhead)
- Maintain balance
- Effectively project voice in a loud production environment
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mother Earth Brewing, LLC values diversity in the workplace, which includes respecting differences in culture, ethnicity, gender, and age, and treating all employees fairly. We are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including recruiting, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state and local laws. Mother Earth Brewing, LLC will ensure that decisions regarding hiring, promotion, training, transfers, compensation, benefits, and social events are compliant with equal employment opportunity principles and based only on valid criteria.