Tap Room Bartender
The primary purpose of this position is to build upon the local patronage established as well as contribute to a higher volume of first time guests, improve overall guest experience, continue to increase the growing sales trends in the Tap Room and Trading Post as a whole, and be an outstanding example of the Mother Earth brand from the home base of Kinston, North Carolina. This is a part-time position; work days and hours may fluctuate weekly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with bartending team and managers to maintain a clean and inviting environment in the Tap Room and Trading Post to encourage beverage and merchandise sales to guests
- Work with the Tap Room Manager and Director of Sales to organize and execute beer releases
- Maintain an upbeat demeanor while serving guests
- Work towards creating and/or maintaining an appropriate level of craft beer knowledge to be able to represent the Mother Earth Brewing brand professionally
- Be able to work with currency in a responsible and accountable manner
- Ensure timely responses to customers when answering the Tap Room phone line
- Work well with other employees to ensure the best guest experience
- Research the ever-changing brewing industry for trends to maintain knowledge for guests
- Maintain adequate inventory stock levels in the Trading Post for merchandise and cooler
- Work with Tap Room Manager and Assistant Manager to maintain an accurate record of inventory, including conducting monthly inventory counts of all merchandise.
- Be prepared to provide tours of the brewing facility when required
- Responsibly pour samples of Mother Earth spirits during tours.
- Work well with other employees to ensure the best guest experience.
- High school diploma/equivalent or higher
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Strong public speaking skills; comfortable speaking to large groups
- Effective time management and multitasking skills
- Flexible work availability (available to work afternoons and evenings into the night as scheduled)
- Strong independence and critical thinking work skills
- Comfortable working in a team environment and coordinating with multiple departments
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, comfortable opening and closing a business by oneself
- Ability to lift or move up to 160 lbs.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for sustained periods of time
- Ability to bend at the knees and waist, kneel, crouch, reach in all directions (including overhead)
- Ability to maintain balance
- Ability to effectively project voice to an audience of up to 30 people without assistance
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mother Earth Brewing, LLC values diversity in the workplace, which includes respecting differences in culture, ethnicity, gender, and age, and treating all employees fairly. We are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including recruiting, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state and local laws. Mother Earth Brewing, LLC will ensure that decisions regarding hiring, promotion, training, transfers, compensation, benefits, and social events are compliant with equal employment opportunity principles and based only on valid criteria.